Cassie By Month

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Apples, apples, apples!

DSC04698

So in late September Matt and I went apple picking for the first time since we have been together!

We went to Indian Ladder Farms in Altamont, NY and while the weather kept threatening to storm, it held until we got a bag full of sweet juicy apples...

DSC04696


DSC04692

So what do two people do with way to many local grown apples? Why bake of course! I found the wonderful joys of AllRecipes.com

Apple Bread

Came out great, next time though I think I would add a bit of cinnamon to the bread recipe.

Apple Crisp

So easy and so tasty!

Apple Sauce

Surprisingly easy to make! I would not put in as much sugar next time (or cinimmon, but that was just an accident...) the apples were quite sweet enough.

I used the crock pot method and the entire house smelled wonderful!


Apple Cookies

Sweet, Spicy and moist, just perfect!

I didn't have any 1/2 & 1/2 so I substituted buttermilk, everything still came out tasty


Apple Pancakes

These were actually kind of bland, I think with a bit more apples and some more cinnamon they might be pretty good







No comments: