Cassie By Month

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Embrace the Mistakes...


This past Saturday I started taking Knitting classes at a local yarn shop :) it's something I have wanted to do for a while now so I'm really excited!

The first class went really well I think, especially since I am the only one in class who has never knit before in her life. I have crocheted though (but never finished a project...I think I have started about 20 or so lol) so I apparently hold the yarn weird but it's working for me so I am going to go with it.

My first project is a simple garter stitch scarf and it's about a third of the way done right now and no where near perfect...I was doing pretty good with it in class, but decided to take it off, rip it out and start all over for practice, it did this again when I got home and it was coming out TERRIBLE! For a while I just kept casting on doing a few rows deciding it wasn't perfect, ripping out and starting again...after a while the yarn just got so icky I had to cut off and start anew. That's when I just decided that it's my first project, it's NOT going to be PERFECT so I decided to just embrace those imperfections so I can look back on this project later and see just how far I came...

My goal for now is to actually finish this project and any other ones that we decide to do in class (I think we are starting a ribbed scarf next week) and get doll blankets made for the bunk beds I am refinishing for the Little Miss for Christmas!


1 comment:

JayZ said...

I always have at least one mistake on my knitting projects. Embrace the mistakes! I made blankets and rugs for my MIL's dollhosue :-) I need to start knitting again. I haven't done it since Jos was born!