Cassie By Month

Monday, January 25, 2010

So it's been a while...

I know it's been quite a while since my last post, but I have a REALLY good reason!

Since December 21 I have been out of work on bed rest due to Pregnancy Induced Hypertension so I was a bit busy trying to keep my bun in the oven...but as of January 8 the PIH officially turned into Preeclampsia and my doctor signed the little Smudge's eviction notice. I was checked into L&D at 1:30 pm at 4:00 the Dr. broke my water and at 10:47 pm weighing in at 6 lbs 15 oz Cassie was officially a part of our life!!

The birth was absolutely nothing like what I expected or was planning on having, due to the PIH/PE I was confined to bed and hooked up to an IV pumping me full of Magnesium (absolutely terrible), Pitocin (not as bad as any of the stories I heard probably because of the Mag) and I am assuming regular fluids. I wasn't allowed to try out any of the alternative pain relieve methods I had planned on in order to avoid the epidural, like walking, showering and/or using the birthing ball...so I ended up getting one, which was also no where near as bad as I had expected and whoa baby did it really work!! less than 2 hours after I got the epi I was told I was ready to start pushing, my doctor got there and after 10 minutes of pushing Cassie was in my arms. It was just plain amazing!

And for your viewing pleasure...















1 comment:

Sumer said...

I'm sorry your labor didn't go quite as planned. I experienced a labor with my oldest that did not go at all as planned so I can relate. I am glad everything worked out well and Cassie entered this world without any complications. She is beautiful!