Cassie By Month

Friday, November 25, 2011

Why hello there...

So I came across the idea for this blog Thanksgiving while talking with my Husband (Software Developer by day, Gamer by night) {Hereinafter referred to as M} and my Cousin (who works for an online gaming company) about deciding between the merits of going to PAX East or BlizzCon for M's birthday present (of course we agreed that E3 would be the best, but alas...impossible to get into...)

It kind of dawned on me that I know next to nothing about any of these games...We played World of Warcraft very briefly when we were first married but then life got in the way and I stopped playing. I have absolutely no hand/eye/brain coordination so I find those types of games difficult and haven't really gotten into them. Then again I really havent tried either.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and I decided to give W.O.W. another try (knowing it would make M a happy guy). This time I started playing it on an actual desktop computer that M had built for gaming purposes and compared to the laptop I was playing on last time the difference is night and day...so I think I may just keep this up.

Not only do I want to keep this up but I want to give other games a try too...let M show me the ropes.

So this blog will be a way for me to chronicle my learning experinces, review games and so on and so forth. Gaming I think will become our escape from everything, the kids, work, house work, and what not.

...and hopefully I'll get enough of the lingo down to understand and enjoy what ever conference we decide to go to next year :)

No comments: