Cassie By Month

Sunday, July 25, 2010

This mommy reads


A year ago I had the lofty goal of reading 60 books in 1 year... I don't remember what number I made it up to but it deffinately wasn't 60.

This year I gave myself the goal of 15 books and up until a couple weeks ago I only finished 1 or 2. Reading as a new mom? Let's face it it's not easy...

However I recently purchased a Nook and let me just say, I love this thing! I will post more on it later, but for now lets just say I am half way toward my goal!

1) The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
2) Dead and Gone - Charlaine Harris
3) Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
4) The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
5) Many Bloody Returns - Various
6) Evermore - Alyson Noel
7) Around the World in 80 Days - Jules Verne

Currently Reading Frankenstein - Mary Shelley (Taking advantage of the free books you can get with the Nook!)

2 comments:

Sumer said...

OMG read the House of Night Series! There is like 6 of them and they are amazing. Well, I am on the last one. They all say I can lend them (the little Lend Me logo) if you are intrested (your the only one I know with a Nook). Not sure the rules on it but the offer is there. I think I heard that it only is good for 14 days or whatever not sure how true that is. (They aren't very long... like 250 Nook pages - ish).

Cassie's Mom said...

That is on my list of things to read! I would definitely be interested in borrowing them, do you know how it works? I heard the 14 day thing when I bought mine, but when I go to see what books are available on loan they all have prices next to them...maybe it can be done if its to a specific person??