Cassie By Month

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quiet Toys :)

I've been working for a while on some "quiet" toys for the Little Miss to play with on the way down to TN and so far I have a grand total of three completed...yep out of all the ideas in my head and all the projects I have started a total of THREE completed...ah well she's not getting them until we set off so they are nice and new and interesting so there's not really a rush on them so I'm pretty happy to have any completed at all lol.

First up we have an I spy bottle I first saw the idea for this on Pintrest :) and I love how it turned out...grand total ~ $3 - $1 for the bag of rice and $2 for a cool set of thumb tacks I ran across in Staples that were famous world icons (big Ben, Statue of Liberty...etc) that I just couldn't pass up...

I dyed some rice a hot pink color and then went to my box of "someday" objects...you know, the cool extra buttons that came with a sweater, that awesome pair of earrings where one went missing but someday you would find the other so you couldn't part with the one you still had, that charm bracelet you had in 7th grade, the hair clips you wore to prom...those objects...and poured them in a water bottle with the rice, shook the bottle up, glued the top on to prevent a mess of catastrophic proportions and there you have it!


Next up Marble Mazes! I found this one some where blog hopping and then again on Pintrest... lesson learned from this one? I totally cannot sew...like at all...but practice makes perfect right? good thing these aren't going to be sold or given as a gift, but but they will do the purpose for keeping the little miss quiet (I hope...) actually I think I am going to keep these in my purse so I can pull them out when we are grocery shopping when she starts getting fussy... total cost for this project? $0! I cut up her crib bumper and used some other fabric that I had laying around :)


And last (for now) but not least, a magnetic color matching game :) I got the idea for using paint sample cards for the colors from (SURPRISE) Pintrest, but I made up the rest as I went along...Total cost for this project? $2.10 (I had to buy a full box of magnets, but I used so few of them I couldn't justify the cost of the whole box on just this one project so I did a per magnet price :) ) Paint samples were free, ribbon I had and the block came from our basement renovation scrap pile :)



Since these "toys" will be used in the car I wanted to make sure all the pieces were attached, so I grabbed some ribbons and glued them to the magnets.


All three came out pretty well I think hopefully they will do their job and keep the little miss entertained! More to come soon (I hope...)



1 comment:

JayZ said...

I need to make an i spy bottle for Jos! She loves water bottles and that will keep her quiet in the car for long trips!