Cassie By Month

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This Mommy Reads

Thanks to my friend Sumer I have recently gotten hooked on (maybe more like addicted to) The House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast it has been on my reading wish list for a while but I just never purchased it and I have been on a waiting list at the Library for a couple of months now. However, thanks to the awesome "Lend Me" option on the Nook (have I mentioned lately how much I love this particular device??) I have been able to borrow them! I will absolutely be buying the print version of these books when I finally get into a home where I can have my library because I am loving the series...I was a little hesitant at first with the first book (Marked) I thought it was a bit corny in the beginning with the name dropping (Kenny Chesney a Vamp? umm okay...), but it has very much grown on me and actually the 2nd book in the series (Betrayed) had me in tears (I am blaming that on the new mommy hormones still hanging around...sure that's what I'll go with...) and now I am on the third book...a mere 5 days later.

1) The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
2) Dead and Gone - Charlaine Harris
3) Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
4) The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
5) Many Bloody Returns - Various
6) Evermore - Alyson Noel
7) Around the World in 80 Days - Jules Verne
8) Marked - P.C. and Kristen Cast
9)Betrayed - P.C. and Kristen Cast

Currently Reading

Frankenstein - Mary Shelley (this is turning out to be so much less interesting than I had imagined! I am finding it to be depressing and kinda boring...though I have never seen any of the movie versions of it either so I had no idea what to expect...)

Chosen - P.C. and Kristen Cast

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

No comments: