Cassie By Month

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day 2011 turned out to be such a nice day, didn't quite turn out how we had planned, but nothing ever does lately :)

It began in the morning when Matt and Cassie gave me my gift. It's a Kwanzan Flowering Cherry Tree. Unfortunately I lost all the pictures I took of Matt and Cassie planting it, but I will be able to see it all the time and watch it grow!

It doesn't look like much right now, but in a few years it will look alot like this.


It's the absolute perfect present! It will add some color to the yard and where we planted it I will be able to wake up in the morning and see it from bed AND two of the trees that we have in the front yard will have to come down so we can put in solar panels so it will keep the yard from looking to bare. Plus I get to watch it grow just like I get to watch my baby girls grow up here, it makes me so happy.

Next we headed out to the Albany Tulip Fest. and for the first time I took NO pictures of the tulips, I took pics WITH the tulips but not of them. I just sort of wanted to enjoy the day today.


Here I am with Cassie smelling the flowers...she is becoming such the little copy cat, I would sniff the flowers and she would copy me, even though I am pretty sure she had no idea what so ever what I was doing.


Cassie was on the go from the second we got there (it was her first real festival type outing so she was VERY excited...)

So we decided to sit down for a while and let her just go...Daddy chased after her while I sat and relaxed and fed Alli

Once we were done we had a chance to take some family pictures!



Notice the cloudy sky in the background?? Yeah all of a sudden the perfect planned day went down the tubes. It got cold and pretty windy and We really didn't want to get stuck in the potential rain so we decided to head back up to the car and get some lunch.

We went to Friendly's and ran into a couple of friends, so cool how that stuff works out like that sometimes!

No comments: