Cassie By Month

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Welcome To the World Allison


Well, she is HERE! After causing some issues for the past couple weeks, little Miss Allison Rose decided to be a good girl and wait a) until she was technically full term at 37 weeks (on the dot) and 2) until my doctor got back from vacation before making her entrance into the world :)

So it started Monday 4/25 @ about 6:30 when I sneezed and my water broke...yep a sneeze started it.

I didn't want to call the doctor right away, because I was pretty sure I would still get routed to the on-call doctor (turns out I was right on that count...) so I got all our stuff together and we headed out to get some breakfast first. Yep I made sure to eat first this time...it was only French Toast sticks, but it was still something in my belly.

So we got to the hospital at about 8ish got all checked in and got down stairs in bed and got settled in for what would be a pretty long wait. What was great about this time though was that since my water broke on its own I didn't have to be hooked up to the IV right away and I got to walk around and what not.
Another cool thing?? We have a Dish Network Slingshot at home so Matt set it up so we could watch our DVR on the TV using his phone at the Hospital :) wasn't the best quality but it was better than hours and hours of HGTV lol.


A couple of hours in, Cassie and grandma came over unexpectedly, Cassie had just gotten done at the Doctor and she needed our prescription card to go and pick up her antibiotics. It was a nice little visit though!

Shortly after that they started me on a pretty slow drip of the Pitocin, after a few hours of that not working they kicked it up and things really started happening much much quicker! I don't know what time it was, but I FINALLY gave in and asked for the epidural. While we were wasting for the anesthesiologist to get down to the room I asked if I could head to the bathroom one last time but the contractions were so on top of each other I could barely stand, I made it back into the bed and had a pretty strong feeling that she was ready to come out then and there, but I let them give me the epidural anyway (chicken that I am lol) so they gave it to me then went to hook me back up to the monitors they had a bit of an issue finding her heart beat again. But find it they did, my Doctor got there about 5 minutes later, and 5 minutes after that I was laying there with my littlest girl on my chest :) the epidural never had a chance of taking full effect, BUT it did help with the worst of it.

Here she is...7 lbs 14 ounces, 20.5 inches of pure sweetness


Another great thing about going on my own this time was I got to EAT! Right after Alli was out they sent me some food, it was reheated and dry but it was wonderful :) AND I got sent upstairs to the recovery rooms that night instead of having to spend extra time down stairs.

Wednesday Alli got released first thing in the morning, but my doctor had some emergencies pop up so I didn't end up getting released until about 4:30 but FINALLY we got to go home.


Such an awesome feeling having our little family complete.







2 comments:

Matt said...

What an awesome family you have

MTDV said...

every time. EVERY TIME. I see or think about your family i just get SUCH a rush of comfort and joy...i don*t knoW what it is...ur just so SOO i dont know. but i love it ..and im so happy for you all and look up to you all so much...u will be my inspiration when i start my family and already are :)
in fact...reading this...im pretty sure im going to order u to be part of my delivery room team- hahahahaha.