Cassie By Month

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Crossing things off the list

Unofficial start to summer was last weekend and it came in cold and rainy, but looks like the heat is coming in this week!

So anyway, we have been chipping things off our bucket list slowly but surely, here's a list of what we have done so far...

~ Make a Fairy Garden ~ For Earth Day we made fairy gardens!  I didn't get around to doing a seperate post on them but here are some pics




The finished product ended up looking like a hot mess (should have pre moistened the soil, live and learn), but they ended up having fun with them and they still play with everything and water the plants so I call this a success!




~ Have a front yard fire and make s'mores ~ Well we had a fire just before A's birthday, it was chilly and I didn't get a picture of the fire itself, but I did get a few pics of the s'mores.  Turns out our girls just don't like s'mores, they love all the pieces in their raw form and separate, but melt them and put them together?  No.Way.




~ Have a Super Fun Super Hero Family Photo Shoot ~ Our good friend Miriam over at Five Oceans Photography (Here is her facebook page!) took our family pics for us, it was so great to get in front of the camera for a while and she caught some really great moments!  Can't wait to get some printed out and update our pics on the walls :)





~ Have a Picnic ~  Back when I was working on my final for Photography, we took a trip to the park so I could take some pics.  While we were at it, I packed up a picnic dinner and Hubby and the girls set it up while I was doing my pics!  We had such a good time, I think this needs to be come a monthly thing if not more :)






~ Go to Free Comic Book Day ~ Posted about this one here, but I found one more pic!

 


~ Go Camping ~ We went Camping over Memorial Day weekend, it was our first trip as a family!  And it was a cold, wet weekend :) but we made the best of it and I have a full post coming soon!!

~ Put up a Clothes Line ~ I didn't quite put up a full clothes line yet, but did get a folding rack that I have been drying almost all of our clothes on out on our porch so I'm counting this one as complete.  It has been great not having to use our dryer all the time, between a simple $15 clothes rack (soon to be two racks so I can dry EVERYTHING outside) and our solar panels we have noticed a huge difference in our energy savings!!

~ Go to the Drive-In ~ This one was a Mommy & Daddy only thing, but I think part of having a happy family is having a good a great relationship between Mom and Dad :) . Part of that is having some all alone adult time, so we loaded Chevy Potter up with pillows and blankets, loaded up the cooler up with some soda and popped some popcorn then headed to the drive in to see Iron Man 3.  When we got there we got a couple of Sundaes and played some Timeline, it was a great night!  (We happened to be in our matching Superman shirts from going to Free Comic Book Day earlier, people were really not to happy to see that!  We kept getting comments about it not being a Superman movie...Really people?!)






~Make Sidewalk Chalk Paint ~ Yesterday we made sidewalk chalk paint! It was so easy and the girls had so much fun with it!  Used equal parts cornstarch and water then added 1 drop of food coloring to each of the muffin cups, quick and easy and loads of fun...



No comments: