Cassie By Month

Monday, May 13, 2013

Free Comic Book Day



Back when we visited Zombie Planet for the first time back on Table Top Day, they told us about this awesome thing called Free Comic Book Day, it sounded like tons of fun so we made sure to get out and participate! 
 
Before now I have never picked up a comic book in my life, everything I have learned about comics has been through movies, but I'm pretty hooked on the movies so I figured why not? 
 
We picked up a bunch of free books, some just for the grown ups and some we let the girls pick out...C ended up picking out Tinker Bell and A picked out The Smurfs.
 
A doesn't really have the tolerance to sit and look at or have these books read to her (and they really aren't sturdy enough for her yet), but C on the other hand...
 
C loves them, now every time we stop into Zombie Planet she wants to go upstairs and pick out a new book.  Lately she has been picking out My Little Ponies.  Now whenever A goes down for a nap or starts getting ready for bed C and I cuddle up and read a few pages.  I love reading these to her, they are a step up from the books we have been reading her.  They have a plot and good guys and bad guys and they still have awesome colorful illustrations.  Usually we don't get through a whole book in a sitting, but that's okay too because it leaves her with some anticipation for next time and we can review what happened when we pick it back up!

 
 

2 comments:

JayZ said...

I'm going to have to remember this when J gets a little older. John was never into comics either but I think reading them to her might be a cool thing for them to share. Especially since he doesn't like books...I know it's ridiculous ;p

Team M.A.C.K. said...

Nope not ridiculous at all, I completely understand :)