Cassie By Month

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Friday Firsts - Halloween

So this past weekend was Cassie's first Halloween! She did very very well with the costume, I was afraid it would be to hot and she would hate the hood (which I found out too late was not one that could come completely off of the costume) but she did great in it, she didn't pull at the hood at all. And the tail that was on it was just too cute for words.

We made the rounds to as many family members as we could, unfortunately our families are pretty spread out so we couldn't make it to everyone. (maybe next year we will have a party?)


In other Halloween news...Matt and I the chance to dress up this year! We dressed up as the child version of Carl and Ellie from Disney's UP. We had a blast doing it and the party was great!

For those of you who have never seen UP, here is my favorite Carl and Ellie clip...and the one that I watched pretty much non stop leading up to halloween so I wouldn't forget any little details :)

And it wouldn't have been a holiday of any sort with out a baked good so I made these mini jack o'lantern pumpkin pies. Not bad for my first try if I do say so myself. the crusts didn't come out as neat as I would have liked them, but they sure came out cute!


I originally found the recipe for these here on Bakerella's website (my favorite site for baked goods!) I didn't edit the recipe at all. I have no idea how she got those crusts so neat and orderly, I guess practice makes perfect though! (and I think the little faces make up for the crusts by bumping up the cute factor) These ended up going over well with Matt's work so I will definitely try them again!


1 comment:

JayZ said...

Cassie looks so cute in her costume! And I LOVE your costume! What a great idea. Love Up :-)