Cassie By Month

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A tradition in the making

Last Friday (Black Friday) Matt and I had a Date Day (we are far to exhausted to have Date Nights for now lol) so we went and saw Harry Potter 7.1 (which was great btw, loved how they kept in a lot of the little details!) and got gifts for Cassie to make for her grandparents for Christmas.

Then we went to Pottery Place to make a birthday cake plate for Cassie!

We had a good time making it though we spent almost two hours doing it :). It will be fun to be able to pull it out every year on her birthday for her cake, even if it is just for a little family thing and we have a big cake for her party I still think it will be something to make the day just a little more special.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I wish we had put something more on it, it seems a little plain to me...but then I remember oh yeah, there is gong to be a tasty cake on there every year that's the whole point :) plus it is going to look a lot different when we go pick it up on Friday since they glaze it and the colors get a lot richer and darker after they fire it. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like!

Painting was a bit of a challenge since both of us are lefties :)


Apparently the paint has to be completely dry between layers...don't remember that tip when doing this in school, maybe that's why my works of pottery art are so abstract :)



Spectacular sponging job if I do say so my self (though Matt is the one who perfected it :) )



Trying to be the perfectionist turned out completely wrong :) ah well at least it looks hand made!




2 comments:

Charlotte said...

i love love love this idea. and am totally going to steal it for when i have kids

Team M.A.C.K. said...

It was a lot of fun we will definitely do it again next year for BV2 :) and don't worry I borrowed the idea from another mommy blogger so it wasn't completely my idea.