Cassie By Month

Friday, January 21, 2011

Family Friday Firsts - Our first few nights in our new home

Not technically a first for just Cassie, but a first for the whole family...

Welcome to our new HOME :) we have a lot of plans to give this place a major make over and make it completely ours. Many people we have talked to told us that you don't want your second place to be one that you have to put a lot of work into, that that is what your first house is for and for your second home you want a place that you can just move right into. But that just isn't us. We wanted a place that we could put our hearts into and make OURS completely and totally. This. is. the. place. Of course stay tuned for more pictures as the work commences...

A view from the top of our drive down toward the street, and one back up...one of the major selling points of this house for us was the privacy that the distance from the road provided...at some point we are going to remove most of the brush that lines the driveway right now and put in a row of hedges or trees and expand the width of the drive way so more people will be able to park.

another selling point for us was the playset the sellers so nicely included in for us, the girls are just going to love playing on it for years to come :) can't wait for warmer weather so I can take Cassie out there and see what she thinks of the swings!

The beautiful pasture that we have right across the street, right now since there aren't any leaves on the trees we can usually see the cows from our living room window. Makes me smile every time, you sure don't get that in Schenectady!

Can't believe it, but this is the only picture I thought to take of the living room! Suffice it to say it is a nice big room with dark wood floors, will post more pics once we get it settled and clean!

Kitchen and dining room, lots and lots of plans for this down the road first and foremost though is a coat of paint to get rid of that silly nasty rusty color that is there now...going to tone it down to a nice buttercup color until we can redo the entire thing, put in some french doors and some more cabinets/counter tops (and a gas stove :) )...

Cassie just loves this hallway, she loves being able to run from her bedroom into the living room and back again (and take all her toys with her) and she loves just being able to explore on her own. I love that (with the exception of the basement) there are no stairs to worry about her climbing up or down...

Our master bedroom...soon to have a nice coat of blue paint on the walls and dresser or two :) pics to come once we find the time to get it done!

This is what will become Ali's room, right now grandma is living there until we get her apartment completed!
And this would be Miss Cassie's room, now a lovely shade of the lightest purple almost white color, it makes the room so much brighter! Just need to get some decor up on the walls and make a set of shades (because I cannot find what I have in my head so I am just going to have to make them!) again I will post more pics once we get it (mostly?) done.

and the bathroom...probably the only room in the house I have no plans for right now...which is a good thing because I don't think my brain can take much more planning :) we have a very long time to get everything figured out though so I'm not worried.

This little buggy was here to greet us on our first night here...I took it as a very good sign...

And here is how Matt and I spent our first night here...not even an air mattress, good thing we had the pillows and blankets...it was actually the first GOOD night sleep I had gotten in a very very long time, so nice to finally be in our new home. The perfect New Years eve.

And the view from Cassie's room...can't imagine she wont like seeing this every morning when she wakes up.

She was right at home once we got her toys out for her.

Sirius doing his best to be in the way as we started putting our touches on the Living Room...

We are so going to be pros at this with in a year...got a lot of coloring to do...

Our fabulous new dining set...I love this thing :) this and a set of curtains makes the paint in the kitchen *almost* bearable...at least I can live with it for the next month or so until I get the energy up to start with the painting again...

Our first *real* snow storm hit about a week after we moved in...just couldn't get over how pretty it was all coming down, didn't have a bad view from any window in the house.

And I am sure Matt is very glad we have the snow blower :) don't know what he would have done without it!


Like I said we have many many plans for what we want to do with this house, some will get done in the immediate future, some we will be able to take our time with. I will post updates as we finish with everything...and or do some posts of our journey along the way toward getting everything done :)

4 comments:

KC said...

I love your house! How many acres do you have? It looks like a few. And I'm happy you're so excited to make the changes and make it your own, I'm the same way. Enjoy it! Cassie and Ali are going to have a fabulous place to grow up! xox

JayZ said...

Love the house! How exciting to have a home that you know your family can grow with. I can't wait to have that...one day! And look at all that space for Cassie and Ali to play!

And I feel the same way. I don't want a house completely done because I want to make it MINE and love doing projects. But I told John I at least want the kitchen done in our next house because a complete kitchen remodel is a PITA. Did that once and hated not having a kitchen!

MTDV said...

lOoKS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING Kate!!! Wish we were there to help in it*s makeover!!

amanda said...

I love it! Looks great & sounds like awesome plans to make it yours! Hope Cassie is doing well with the transition :)