Cassie By Month

Friday, March 25, 2011

33 Weeks and my bags are packed...



Yep you read it right, I have 7 weeks to go and my hospital bags are all ready packed...it might seem a little early for most, but from our experience last year with being sent straight to the hospital from the doctor's office and Cassie being evicted at 35 weeks, I didn't want to leave anything to chance.

Besides last year when I packed my bags I forgot a few essentials...such as socks...and tooth brushes...and a few other items I just plain wished I had...and yet I still managed to be WAY overloaded with stuff I didn't need. So this time I wanted to streamline and make sure I had all the comforts in ONE bag with room to spare so we could bring home the extras that come along.

So what do I have going with me??

~ Comfy PJs...a pair of (purple) palazzo yoga type pants, a nursing tank and a zip up sweatshirt...last year I bought a pretty nursing night gown (and matching robe) that was the most itchy/short/freezing/uncomfortable thing ever which marked the last time I will buy something just because it's pretty...

~ Comfy fuzzy socks...enough pairs to last up to 4 days this time

~ Toiletries - my own soap, toothbrush, toothpaste etc...

~ Fuzzy pink beach towel...the towels at the hospital were just tiny and scratchy...learning this time to bring my own!

~ Wisps...you know the instant tooth brush and toothpaste thingys? Will totally come in handy just incase I am strapped to the bed/hooked up to IVs again for 48+ hours and can't get to the bathroom for anything let alone brushing my teeth because 1) I HATE that *I so really need to brush my teeth* feeling! and 2) I can erase all evidence when I sneak a grasshopper cookie (or 2) when I haven't eaten in 48+ hours and technically haven't been given the okay to have anything stronger than italian ice :)

~ (not technically packed yet) my own pillow... Matt brought this to me last year and it made a world of difference in my comfort level!

~ Chargers for my camera, phone, nook and Ipod (all on top with matching electronic for easy access still at home but they go right back in the bag at night)

~ Nook...didn't own this last year but it would have been great to pass some time! So happy I have it this year

~ Ipod (complete with favorite music & lullaby music) and speakers...again I didn't have this last year, I really truly wanted music to have playing since it's my go to calming technique but all I had was my computer and it was way to bulky/cumbersome to set up so we had sy-fy (I believe Ghost Hunters and Stargate SG-1) playing in the background on the tv...(since the Food Network would have been way too cruel) It just wasn't the same...

~ Camera...pretty self explanatory

~ Video camera...again pretty self explanatory

~ Coming home outfit for me...just jeans, nursing tank and sweater...

~ SNACKS! It was so inconvenient (and expensive) to have to go all the way down to the vending machine and hope they had something I wanted. This time planning ahead with some gummy bears and peanut butter cups and grasshopper cookies...The hospital provides all the Italian ice and graham crackers you could possibly want and their food isn't half bad either, but sometimes you just need some sugar!

~ This lovely hospital picture/coming home outfit for Ali


Figured it was the perfect spring time counterpart to Cassie's winter outfit for her pictures :)

The outfit, paci and a blanket for over the carseat are the only things packed for Ali, last year I didn't know what to expect and went way overboard packing for Cassie only to find out that the hospital provided everything we needed...diapers, wipes, hats, etc. and they sent us home with all the extras so this time not weighing ourselves down with the unnecessary ;)

Any mommies have any ingenious things that I forgot off the list???

So with that all accomplished on to my appointment yesterday! Everything is looking perfect!! Even with some stressful events taking place in the last couple weeks my blood pressure was almost perfect (124/86) my weight while getting up there was okay and the little girls heart was chugging right along in the 140s and 150s. Got the okay to go another two weeks for my next appointment which is a huge relief since this is almost the same exact time gestationaly speaking when Cassie started reeking havoc on me :)

2 comments:

brooke.danielle said...

Wow Kate, experience has served you well! It really seems like you have your bases covered! Cute outfit by the way!! Unbelievable that you're due date is soo close and that Cassie's going to have a baby sister so soon!!

JayZ said...

I packed WAY too much for the hospital. I packed outfits for me and since I had the c-section, I ended up wearing the hospital gowns the whole time because it was easier on my incision. Next time I will have a better list and pack less!

One thing that I really liked having since I couldn't get out of bed for a couple days was those face wash wipes because I hate not being able to wash my face. Good idea about the wisps...need to remember those next time!

LOVE the outfit! I bought Jos one similar to it at Carter's and saw that one :-)