Cassie By Month

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Finished Object! ~ Hair Bow Holders

Ahh so happy! I started and finished a project!!! The last time I did that I think was the Tutu I made for the little miss for her Cake Smash pictures. And this one? took considerably less time :)

This time I made hair bow holders for her walls...combo function and decor. Total cost of the project? $10.80. ~ The only thing I bought new was the frames (normally $15 each, on sale for $5 @ Michaels, score!), I was going to use the fabric for decorations at the little miss's birthday but never got the chance and my mom had the ribbon on hand so it all worked out! Total time to make? Less than one hour.

I turned this....


Into this...


I completely neglected to take during photos, sorry bout that I was sitting on the floor which is where the outlet for the hot glue was and watching X Play with Daddy (yes crafty mommies can enjoy watching geeky tech shows) ... but essentially all it took was gluing the fabric to the back of the frame and doing the same with the ribbon. It was really super simple! Now I just have to get making bows to hang up on there!

Next up on my list? Curtains for the Little Miss! And anyone who watches Big Bang Theory should really find this fabric amusing...I know I did :)





3 comments:

JayZ said...

So cute! When I start putting bows in Jos's hair, I might have to make one. I refuse to put bows in her hair until she can wear a ponytail, lol.

brooke.danielle said...

I absolutely ADORE those! Very creative, and SO adorable!! Nice job!

Charlotte said...

aww what a cute i dea. i wasnt sure what you meant when you mentioned it before but this is adorable!!

schroedinger?
i havent watched that show in a while but i love it