Cassie By Month

Friday, April 22, 2011

Dear Cassie



I know there has been alot going on lately and there has been alot of focus being put on your sister, so I wanted to put a little focus back on you :)

You are getting so big so fast I can hardly believe what I am seeing...in just the last few days you have discovered how to climb up on each and every piece of furniture that we have...and while you love the new found freedom (hey you can follow the kitties where ever they go now!) it's terrifying to me :) and a whole new round of child proofing needs to be done to keep you safe and sound.


You now have a habit of putting things "away" what a great habit to get into! Not that you always put things where they belong, or put things away that need to be put away but the sentiment is still there and for that I applaud you :)


And you are finally showing some interest in your little sister...maybe because you are starting to sense that she is almost here, maybe it's just because Mommy's big ol'belly is moving on its own I'm not sure, but it certainly is cute :)

I can't wait for your sister to actually get here, no this post isn't going to end up being about her, but I know you are going to make an awesome big sister, I can't wait to see how you interact. And not only that but once she is out of my belly you and I can get back to doing our crafts and projects together and I can hold you and rock you back to sleep again. I feel like these past few weeks have been so unfair to you, you have missed Kindermusik not once but twice, grandma is going to have to take you to your first real doctor appointment with your new doctor next week (and to Kindermusik) and I just can't do all the activities with you that we usually do. We wanted to start an Earth Day tradition of picking out and planting a tree with you every year and it looks like that is going to be postponed, and Easter no idea what we are going to do about that...maybe put it off a week? We will see...I know you are to young for this to *really* have an impact on you but still...I can't wait for life to get back to normal so I can start making things up to you!

ETA: Some things that occurred to me when you woke up this morning :)

Your hair is coming in like crazy now, it seems to be a lightish blond color so far, but it can't make up its mind if it wants to be curly or straight yet :) I love trying to put bows and head bands in, but you want nothing to do with either though. However you do LOVE "bracelets" or anything that is round and small enough to keep on your little wrist...such as shower curtain rings...its just adorable.

Your new favorite fruit/finger food is Blue Berries...you just love them and will eat them by the handful. Your Great Grandpa thinks this is just awesome...second in awesomeness only to the way you eat your Mac & Cheese wagon wheels :) (which happens to be you putting your finger through the pasta and wearing it as a ring before you put it in your mouth...)

Your new favorite toy is a birthday gift from Marci and Zoe...it's a neat little fridge magnet toy that teaches you the alphabet...and of course it has Scout on it which still happens to be your favorite stuffed animal.


You have been sick with a cold this week and you are teething like crazy on top of that which means you haven't been eating much or sleeping through the night at ALL. You seem to *like* being awake between the hours of 11:30 and 4 hopefully you change your mind soon little girlie, mommy and daddy and grandma need SLEEP! But during the day you are still just your awesome little self. Keep up the good work the teeth will all be in soon (I hope...) and your cold will be all heeled up so you can get back to breathing and eating (and sleeping? please?) like a normal little girl.

I love you baby girl :)

1 comment:

JayZ said...

That was the sweetest thing! I just can't believe how big she is getting! These little girls grow up to fast!

And don't worry, Cassie I'm sure does not feel any less loved than before. You have plenty of love for both your girls :-)

I do hope the cold/teething gets better and she gives you some rest!