Cassie By Month

Friday, April 1, 2011

Fun Friday - Ice Cube Painting!!

I had a birthday card and a couple of thank you cards to make up so I thought it would be neat to involve Cassie in the process somehow...but how? All of the cards I make involve stamps and glue and little itty bitty peices. then it dawned on me, ICE CUBES! I read this blog post a while back on one of my favorite crafty mommy blogs and wanted to give it a try. So here goes!

Drop Some food coloring in some water (yes that is my ice cube tray from the baby food I never had the chance to make with all the moving and what not...)


Stir to combine


Stick in the freezer (colors are supposed to be Pink and Purple, we shall see how they turn out!)



And while you are waiting for the cubes to freeze, you could probably take a nap...or have lunch...or go out and investigate the rapidly melting springtime snow that's out side :) (all of which we did...)


Then once the cubes are set put them in a Ziploc baggie with some cardstock


Give it to the kid and let her explore the cubes!



And shake it like CRAZY!



This was such a fun activity to do...and the best part?? Mommy was the only thing to get dirty! No muss no fuss, just take the cardstock out of the bag and dump the ice cubes (or put them back in the freezer) it's as simple as that!


And here is the finished product! Now it's mommy's turn to dig out the Cricut and embellish them a bit :) (I'll post more pics once they are completely finished)


6 comments:

Alisha said...

Wow, that is so neat!

Great job Cassie!

JayZ said...

That's awesome! I love the crafts you are doing with Cassie!

Carly said...

that is freakin' cool...might be something i have to try with tad!

Charlotte said...

what a neat idea! and the paper comes out really interesting. im definetly taking advice from you when i have kids. your children are going to be so amazing. you are amazing.

MTDV said...

i LOVE that you did this Kate...my MOM used to do this with me!!!!!!!!! That way the cards we gave out were TRULY from both of us! Love to the family!!! You are all ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AT LIFE :)

Team M.A.C.K. said...

Aw thanks you guys!

It was a ton of fun, I love doing stuff like this with her its super fun now that she is old enough to help out :)