Cassie By Month

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Earth Day Trees - 2011 Edition


Broke out of the house this morning (hey my mom drove the van so I was still resting right?) to go to Lowes since they were advertising free trees for Earth Day. Since Matt and I wanted to start a tradition of planting trees every year with the girls I thought it would be perfect...well turns out those trees that were free weren't actually anything like the picture lol, they were barely more than a branch that was smushed into a tiny paper bag...so I went ahead and picked up these two trees, they aren't exactly what I was looking for but they were only $6 and they will do! I think we will put Ali's out front where she can watch it grow from her window and Cassie's out back where she can watch it grow.

Next year though I want to get ones that will eventually produce pine cones so that they can go out and get pine cones from their very own trees for projects :)

Think we will wait until after Ali gets here to actually get them in the ground but at least we have these now :). It's going to be so much fun when the girlie girls are big enough to help out with the picking and planting!

No comments: