Cassie By Month

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Deja Vu All Over Again?

Went to the Doctor for a normal 34 week apt. yesterday and low and behold out of the blue my high blood pressure seems to be back :( they wouldn't even tell me what it was any of the 4 times they took it so as not to get me worked up even more hearing the numbers. But it was high enough the first 2 times for them to send me back out to the waiting room till the lab was clear so I could get more blood work done (luckily I got the same vampire nurse I had last time and she got me on the first try easy peasy no pain involved...she says it was because she used to be an ER nurse, I swear it's because this woman is a saint...) then back out to the waiting room till we could get in to ultrasound...

Positive Side?? I got to see the Littlest Miss again :) she has some chubby little cheeks already!! She is measuring 35 weeks rather than 34 and weighing in at roughly 6 lbs 12 oz. So pretty much exactly what Miss Cassie was measuring at the same period (born at 35+ weeks weighing 6 lbs 15 oz)

Since the little girl passed all her tests with flying colors in the ultrasound I was sent home for the day rather than directly to the hospital. I was sent home with one of those *awesome* 24 hour urine collection jugs so they could make triple sure i'm not spilling protein and with strict instructions to rest as much as possible and do as little as possible...and to come back the next day (today) for another check of my blood pressure and a Non Stress Test (NST)

Today I made sure I had my bag in the car just in case mainly hoping if I brought it along they wouldn't end up sending me to the hospital...it must have worked but just by a hair because I got another 2 day reprieve.

The first time they checked my BP today it was 140/94...which prompted them to check it 3 more times as I was having the NST done. Didn't get any more numbers, but the nurse that checked it the last time said it had gone down a fraction so that was good :)

The NST didn't start out so great...it is supposed to be a 20 minute test where they strap two monitors around your belly, one to measure the baby's heart rate and the other to measure contractions...then they give you a little buzzer to click every time you feel the baby move. Well for the first 40 minutes I was getting nothing. Which didn't surprise me since even fetuses have to sleep sometime...but apparently the NP wasn't liking what she was seeing so we tried Juice and nothing, so I got out my iPod and put on my music (more to calm my own nerves at this point :) it's never a calming experience when the people in charge start getting nervous even when you know in your gut its all good...) but anyway I put on some music and huh...what happens? She starts wiggling all over the place :) awesome timing too because the NP was walking back into the room to tell me she was sending me to L&D for observation but changed her mind when she saw all those hash marks on the sheet in the picture below... (the ones between the two squiggly lines, hard to see but they are there!)

So instead of getting sent to the hospital I got to go home with stricter instructions to rest as much as possible (should be fun and super easy with the Little Miss running around lol) and to come back on Friday for another ultrasound and BP check.

Oye...this is all just way too familiar.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

great scott! i never knew there was so much testing and checking involved in havin babies. what about the olden days where you just ate weird crap and then 9 months later POP baby? Phew. Thank goodness the end result is so awesome! Which omg she looks adorable already even surrounded by fluidy grossness

JayZ said...

I remember the pee jug, lol! Ugh, no fun at all. I remmeber all of that very well. Glad little miss Ali passed her tests but she's in trouble for giving you a scare!