Cassie By Month

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

DIY Easter Wreath

Now that we have the house I have been wanting to get more and more into decorating for all the holidays but so far I have missed all of them for one reason or another so I am pretty proud of my self for not completely skipping past Easter :)

It may just be a wreath, but its decoration and its up on our front door right now...it cost less than $5 to make, and even the Little Miss got to help out and paint the egg decorations for me!

I have been looking around at directions on different inexpensive DIY wreaths and I was pretty intrigued by the coffee filter/cupcake liner ones, but they are pretty water soluble and wouldn't last very long hanging on our front door.

Then I remembered a wreath I made many moons ago in Girl Scouts consisting of two supplies...

A wire hanger and a box of sandwich baggies.


Now I didn't take pictures of the during process since I did this part while Cassie was sleeping and it was quite dark out...but essentially what you do is bend the hanger out so it resembles a circle (don't worry if its not perfect, as you can see the baggies fill it in...) then you fold the baggies in half and knot them around the hanger. Pack them in as closely as you can, the more bags you get on there the better/fuller it will look.

And when you are done it will look something like this... (sorry for the rotten picture quality! I can't do much in the way of editing on the computer I'm on at the moment...)


Next it's time to make the decorations...to do this I put an "egg" in a bag with some paint...


Then gave the bag to the Little Miss to play with and smoosh around for a while...


And when you put it all together you get something resembling this...


Yay! At least one decoration up for easter! Going to have to be sure to at least color some (real) eggs this year too!


2 comments:

Charlotte said...

cute!another firend of mine did the sandwich bag wreath for xmas. but the eggs make it super cute

Team M.A.C.K. said...

LOL The one I made in girl scouts was a Christmas one. And thanks! and I thought the eggs were pretty awesome too :)