Cassie By Month

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

35+ Weeks...



Okie Dokie...Here we go with the update :)

Monday I went in for another NST and BP check...Ali passed her NST she got more of a B grade than an A+ but she still passed. My blood pressure was up there enough that they sent me to the hospital where I spent the first hour of my BP monitoring with the BP cuff hooked to the bed rather than my arm...


After that I spent another 3 hours there. Apparently everything went back down enough for me to get sent home on "bed rest" ahhhh yes that is soooooooo possible with a 15 month at home :) at least it was made a bit easier since Daddy set up the air mattress in the living room which is very comfy and Cassie loves to bounce on it so it keeps her semi occupied while mommy gets to rest.

Today I really haven't been feeling all that great all day, I have been feeling more like I was 10 weeks preggo rather than 35 weeks with cramps, nausea, exhaustion, the whole shebang so I kinda knew I wouldn't get a free pass for another week between dr. appointments, hopefully this feeling means it's almost over :)

Today's appointment was for an ultrasound. For the first time in 35 weeks Ali didn't have her hand up so we got to see her entire face this time! Loving those incredibly chubby cheeks already! Can't wait to see them in person, there is only so much the Ultrasound machine can show lol.



So during the ultrasound she gave the tech quite a scare since she wasn't doing any moving and grooving at all in there even being poked and prodded and shifted around from outside the belly she just wouldn't wake up (hopefully this means she will be a sound sleeper once she comes out?? very much unlike her sister...) finally after having me get up and shift around and what not three times she finally wiggled around just enough to make the tech happy. She is now weighing in at about 7 pounds 6 ozs so she is an excellent size if she were to be born any time in the near future (fingers crossed!).

I then got to go get my BP checked out and (surprise, surprise) it was borderline again...it was pretty high when they took it in the ultrasound room (150/100) but I blame that on being worried about a baby not passing her tests...then it was 140/94 and 140/98 when they took it in the regular exam room. The NP I saw (R who isn't really my favorite person in the office for some reason I really can't put my finger on...) debated sending me to the hospital for a while again but in the end decided to send me back home instead (YAY!) on as much bed rest as possible and she wanted to see me again in the morning tomorrow...sooo we shall see what happens tomorrow...

When I got home I did as I was told and went right to bed...where I was promptly joined by Sirius...



Then Prissy...


Then Frank...


Then Sirius again...


I was surrounded by one animal or another (even all of them a few times) since I laid down...wonder if they know something is up...

No comments: