Cassie By Month

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Magic Cookies

Oye so I guess I failed the challenge, I missed posting yesterday, by the time I had a chance to sit down I just wanted to go to sleep...but anyway I had in mind to do this post all day yesterday but I didn't get to try out the cookies till today so I guess it all works out!

So I think that this website...thepickypalate.com ... is absolutely one of my favorites. Looks like I am going to be trying a lot more recipes from her in the near future!

Which brings me to these Magic Cookies!!! Why are they magic you ask??? Well basically because they only have TWO ingredients and cost under $4 for a batch of them...quite a deal in my book...and they taste fantastic! Kinda like a chocolate peanutbutter cookie. Which is what they are I guess :).


Start by unwrapping 24 (no less! If you want some to munch on get an extra pack!) peanut butter cups and get out one egg...


Put all the PB Cups into a processor and chop until blended!!


Then add your egg and keep blending...I don't think I blended enough but they came out good still, they just didn't look like the pictures on the original recipe site...


Then roll into balls...


Flatten a bit...


Sprinkle on some sea salt...(totally an optional step, but it sounded good so I went with it)



Then toss them in the oven, recipe says at 350 for 15-17 minutes, but I found 10 minutes to be plenty since I like my cookies a bit on the chewy side plus I think mine were a bit smaller.


Make sure you have a cute little kitchen helper to watch an make sure they don't burn! (yes I am fully aware she is in Christmas PJs and it is almost March but they still fit her and they were clean and she wasn't going out in them so why not :) ).


And that is basically it...I don't have any good pictures of the finished product since we were outside organizing the garage when they finished and we just dug right in when we took a break :) but if you are looking for a quick easy cheap weekend snack project definitely give this one a try!!! They are basically fool proof!!

No comments: