Cassie By Month

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Date Day

To celebrate Valentine's day Matt and I had a date day today...date nights are too exhausting and this way Cassie got to spend some time with her grandma Peggy. We went out to the Melting Pot and a Movie and it was the perfect combination. Come to think of it we did the same exact thing last Valentine's day but the movie we went to was really really bad...not so much this time :).

We have been to the Melting Pot several times over the last couple of years and usually we stick to the usual...plain Cheddar Cheese for the cheese course, Caesar salad for the salad, Mojo for the cooking style, Pure Milk for the Chocolate, and Chocolate Fontinis for the drinks (yum yum yummy).

This time we decided to be a little adventurous and stray from the norm. We got the cheese of the season called Fondue A La France - which included 4 cheeses of which we had only ever heard of one (brie) and white truffle cream which we normally stay as far away from anything mushroom/truffle related as possible...however? This was fantastic. Probably one of the best cheese courses we have had there.

AND we didn't get our Fontinis like normal, Matt got himself a mudslide (though that isn't all that different from a Fontini) and I got myself the most wonderful Red Sangria I have ever tasted (I allowed myself ONE alcoholic drink so I made sure to savor it...) of course since I haven't had a drink in over a year I think anything would have tasted wonderful. (though now I am going to be on the search for the perfect Red Sangria recipe :) )



For the Salad and Meat courses we stuck with the normal because seriously they make the best Caesar Salads, and the Mojo style is the only cooking style that appeals to us. We never get the Seafood that comes with the Meat, just get double the steak :) though this time the meat course included Duck. And I have to say never really having had duck before we are not really fans at all. But the dinner was still fantastic.

And then the Chocolate Course...the best course of the night I think :) today we strayed only slightly from our normal path and had them include some Bailey's in the milk chocolate.


It. Was. Fantastic.

Seriously...Chocolate Brownies covered in rich Bailey's infused milk chocolate fondue should probably be illegal :)

After lunch was over we rushed on down to the Movie theater and saw Gnomeo and Juliet in 3D. The Perfect ending to a perfect date day. The movie was cute and funny and really? What is better for Valentines Day than a version of Romeo and Juliet involving Gnomes and a happy ending?

On the way out of the (almost sold out) movie we were following an older couple and the thought just hit me I hope that is going to be Me and Matt some day, in our 70's or 80's going to a Quirky G rated movie on a date then slowly making our way out of the theater together. It was pretty darned romantic if I do say so myself :)

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

awww you guys are most definetly going to be that old couple :)

Abby said...

Aw, I hope we're a cute old couple like that too! And now you have me craving Melting Pot; it's been too long since we've been there.

brooke.danielle said...

Love the day date! I've never been to the melting pot, but once again... good sell on it =]

Happy Valentine's Day VanDerlofskes!! =]

Team M.A.C.K. said...

AW thanks guys!

And Brooke I really don't mean to be selling these things lol but Melting Pot really is our favorite restaurant :) there has got to be one around you guys down there in VA the four of you would have a blast there!